Your Local Real Estate Connection
I look forward to the opportunity to help you with your next transaction. I am proud that in my 37 years experience as a Broker many clients have done more than five transactions with me. This attests to my commitment to always obtain the best results for my clients. No matter what " the market", I am always up to date on how to make the most effective moves.Whether you are a Buyer or a Seller, a principal to a transaction or a Trustee for an estate, I can help you obtain the highest possible price for your home. I am consistently a " top producer"; to me that simply means that I work hard with an absolute commitment to doing the best for each of my clients. Whether you are buying or selling an estate or your first home, I will be there for you 100% of the way, both before, during and after the transaction. I never represent a buyer and seller in the same transaction, so if we work together, you will know that I am on your side and only your side.
- A Licensed Real Estate Broker; my in-depth knowledge can help you proceed with confidence that every "i" is dotted and " t" is crossed.
- A trusted resource for answers about all steps of the buying and selling process.
- Aware that many factors affect the value of a home to a specific client.
- A Senior Real Estate Specialist ( SRES)
- Experienced in all aspects of financing. I am familiar with conventional, VA and FHA financing. I also understand installments sales and how it can sometimes benefit a seller to finance a property. I know how to use the necessary paperwork and disclosures for that eventuality.
- Trained in the field of expressive arts at the Tamalpa Institute.. Many years working with creative facilitation and visualization have enabled me to help buyers create a clear picture of what they want in their next home.
- Trained in scoring and collective creativity as taught by Lawrence and Anna Halprin to help my seller clients create a clear road map for the selling process. This enables my clients and I to collaborate on the market process and creates a reassuring structure for people who may not be familiar with the process.
- A Certified Feldenkrais@ Practitioner. Dr.Feldenkrais' philoposophy of "make the impossible possible, the possible easy, and the easy elegant" applies to my work as a Realtor in so many ways.
- Innovative marketing strategies on all media.
- My expertise about neighborhood features and benefits to enhance my clients' ability to obtain the highest possible price for their home.
- My awareness of the market and negotiation skills to help my buyer clients obtain the best possible property at the best price.
- My experience in design and around construction, to help my seller clients with their decisions about improving their home prior to market.
- That same experience enables me to support my buyer clients in knowing which repairs are relatively affordable and which can turn a house in to an " allilgator".( My father was an architect and I was married to a builder for 25 years. I have built and remodeled ten homes on my account and many for clients.
Tax concerns both federal and local, can be of importance to how a transaction is structured:
- I am familiar with 1031 Tax deferred exchanges and have the resources to make your exchange successful.
- I know all the criteria to transfer your property tax on your principal residence ( per Proposition 60) and can walk you through the process.
I speak French fluently and I am familiar with the differences between the French process of selling and buying and can facilitate that here or in France.
"Because of your strategic planning on timing of our sale,the presentation of our home and most importantly your optimal negotiating skills and counter offer strategy, we sold our home for over 32% our asking price-significantly above the target we had set. We're grateful you took thew leap to Palo Alto and coached us through the sale of our home. Your brilliant strategy has sent us on our way to our dream life by the beach in Santa Cruz. We would gladly recommend your services to anyone who either wants to buy or sell a home in the Bay Area." - Paula Sandas and Dennis Harvey, Clients for over 20 years
"Anina is an extraordinary proactive agent. She did such an outstanding job as our agent for the purchase of our first home in Santa Cruz, we asked her to help us buy our second existing home in Santa Cruz, sell first home in Santa Cruz and one in San Carlos! Anina has the experience to provide a balanced, long-term outlook and is always available to answer questions and discuss alternative approaches that get the job done." -Michael Krautkramer and Dorian Daley, General Counsel for Oracle
"I have had only positive experiences with Anina both in working with her as a mortgage banker and having her respresent me in the sale of my condo in 2013. I founded Network Mortgage in 1998 and was in lending for 25 years. I got to see many realtors and how they operated and Anina always stood out as a total professional. Anina works both hard AND smart, so when it came time for me to list my condo the choice was easy. My unit sold quickly and for over $40,000 more than the last sale in the complex! When my husband and I get to buy back into the Santa Cruz market in 2015, Anina will be right there to represent us. Do yourself a favor and when you interview agents, give Anina a call. You'll be as impressed as I am." - Karen C.
"Anina has been our buyer's agent for two homes in Santa Cruz County in the last 3 years. She has an encyclopedic knowledge of the area, neighborhoods, inventory, the seller's agents, and resources (inspectors, lenders, contractors, cleaners, etc). She has tremendous energy and wouldn't slow down until we had the right house at the right price and terms, including tough negotiations. Anina has strong opinions about what she considers a good home, but took the time to understand what we liked, and then unemotionally guide us to make the right choices." - D.S.
"When I decided to move from Palo Alto to Santa Cruz, I was referred to Anina van Alstine. We had a very thorough telephone interview, and then on the day I could come over the hill to look at houses, she had an open house. So she organized a self driving tour of houses which met my criteria. On the day I could come look at houses, I got stuck in traffic and was over an hour late in making my appointment, but she was still waiting! She had listened so carefully and had asked the right questions, so the first house she showed me was perfect. Closing and all were smooth. I bought it and have lived there happily ever after. But, I have continued to rely on Anina and her knowledge of the neighborhood, of service providers and general savvy; she is skilled in negotiating and hardworking. She is THE expert on Santa Cruz; I would recommend her to anyone who is interested in buying or selling property in or around Santa Cruz." - Sarah C.