Your Local Real Estate Connection
I have 38 years in practice as a Real Estate Broker in Santa Cruz. I am passionate about obtaining the best results for my clients. Many of my clients have worked with me on five or more transactions. It is always a pleasure to work with their referrals, their children and their neighbors!
The market is always changing; I keep my clients informed as to their best strategy for the current market.
Whether you are a Buyer or a Seller I can help you obtain the best possible outcome. If we work together I will be there for you 100% of the way, both before, during and after the transaction.
The short story!
- A Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate Brokerage-Previews Property Specialist
- SRES ( Senior Real Estate Specialist)
- A trusted resource for answers about all steps of the buying and selling process.
- An experienced and adept negotiator
- Experienced in 1031 Tax deferred exchanges
- Familiar with Propositions 58 and 60 and the criteria which may enable a person over 55 to take their property tax base with them.
- Experienced with conventional, VA and FHA financing as well as how to create "owner financing" and can execute all the necessary paperwork for that eventuality.
- I am familiar with installment sales and they can sometimes benefit a seller.
- Many factors affect the value of a home for different buyers . I can help you to present your home in the best light to help obtain the highest possible price!
In addition, I have:
- Trained in the field of expressive arts at the Tamalpa Institute. Many years working in the field of scoring and collective creativity as taught by Lawrence and Anna Halprin enable meto help my clients create a clear road map for the process which will produce a clear road map so that they acheive the outcome they desire!
- Produced several theater performances, notably " Alive at the Edge" and "An Evening with Anna Halprin".
- Obtained a certificate as a Feldenkrais@ Practitioner. The philosophy of "make the impossible possible, the possible easy, and the easy elegant" applies to my work as a Realtor in many ways.
- Taught classes at the Santa Cruz Board of Realtors and for Coldwell Banker and other offices on " The Buyer Broker Agreement" and " Creative Facilitation; Leading by Following".
- I use innovative marketing strategies on all media. Although the internet is a valuable marketing tool I also advertise in the local print media, mail out postcards to clients and the neighbors, and hold extensive open houses, including a catered broker's tour for all of my listings!
- My expertise about neighborhood features and benefits helps to enhance my sellers' ability to obtain the highest possible price!
- My experience in design and construction enables me to help my seller clients with their decisions about improving their home prior to market.
- NEGOTIATION is my strength and why clients seek me out. My clients know they have not left one dollar on the table.
- I can help you determine which neighborhoods provide the qualities you need. From community to climate to commute, we will find the best location for you! You will become an expert in the benefits of each neighborhood and together, we can find the best house for the best price.
- I am connected to local experts in the trades. I can refer you to the appropriate parties, from termite and property inspectors to well drillers, land use planners and other experts. . We consult about which repairs are relatively affordable and which can be prohibitively expensive. (My father was an architect and I was married to a builder for 25 years. I have built and remodeled ten homes on my account and assisted clients with their decisions about their construction needs.)
- My awareness of the market and negotiation skills help my buyer clients obtain the best property for their needs.
I speak French fluently. Je parle Français courament et je peut vous aider a vendre ou acheter une maison içi ou en France!
"Because of your strategic planning on timing of our sale,the presentation of our home and most importantly your optimal negotiating skills and counter offer strategy, we sold our home for over 32% our asking price-significantly above the target we had set. We're grateful you took thew leap to Palo Alto and coached us through the sale of our home. Your brilliant strategy has sent us on our way to our dream life by the beach in Santa Cruz. We would gladly recommend your services to anyone who either wants to buy or sell a home in the Bay Area." - Paula Sandas and Dennis Harvey, Clients for over 20 years
"Anina is an extraordinary proactive agent. She did such an outstanding job as our agent for the purchase of our first home in Santa Cruz, we asked her to help us buy our second existing home in Santa Cruz, sell first home in Santa Cruz and one in San Carlos! Anina has the experience to provide a balanced, long-term outlook and is always available to answer questions and discuss alternative approaches that get the job done." -Michael Krautkramer and Dorian Daley, General Counsel for Oracle
"I have had only positive experiences with Anina both in working with her as a mortgage banker and having her respresent me in the sale of my condo in 2013. I founded Network Mortgage in 1998 and was in lending for 25 years. I got to see many realtors and how they operated and Anina always stood out as a total professional. Anina works both hard AND smart, so when it came time for me to list my condo the choice was easy. My unit sold quickly and for over $40,000 more than the last sale in the complex! When my husband and I get to buy back into the Santa Cruz market in 2015, Anina will be right there to represent us. Do yourself a favor and when you interview agents, give Anina a call. You'll be as impressed as I am." - Karen C.
"Anina has been our buyer's agent for two homes in Santa Cruz County in the last 3 years. She has an encyclopedic knowledge of the area, neighborhoods, inventory, the seller's agents, and resources (inspectors, lenders, contractors, cleaners, etc). She has tremendous energy and wouldn't slow down until we had the right house at the right price and terms, including tough negotiations. Anina has strong opinions about what she considers a good home, but took the time to understand what we liked, and then unemotionally guide us to make the right choices." - D.S.
"When I decided to move from Palo Alto to Santa Cruz, I was referred to Anina van Alstine. We had a very thorough telephone interview, and then on the day I could come over the hill to look at houses, she had an open house. So she organized a self driving tour of houses which met my criteria. On the day I could come look at houses, I got stuck in traffic and was over an hour late in making my appointment, but she was still waiting! She had listened so carefully and had asked the right questions, so the first house she showed me was perfect. Closing and all were smooth. I bought it and have lived there happily ever after. But, I have continued to rely on Anina and her knowledge of the neighborhood, of service providers and general savvy; she is skilled in negotiating and hardworking. She is THE expert on Santa Cruz; I would recommend her to anyone who is interested in buying or selling property in or around Santa Cruz." - Sarah C.